- You are here:
- GT Home
2020 MSE VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR
Tuesday, October 6th, 2020 , 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Join us for a unique opportunity to interface with outstanding MSE graduate and undergraduate students interested in pursuing internships, co-ops, and full-time employment.
In addition to having the opportunity to meet with MSE students, participating organizations will have an opportunity to establish a presence at Georgia Tech while recruiting from its talented student pool.
Registration for the event, for students & industry affiliates available here.
New Publications on Emerging Materials
Emerging materials are essential to advance defense, healthcare, clean energy, and economic security, however the time to bring a new material to market after initial discovery can take 20 or more years. Accelerating the entry of new materials to industry is a critical 21st century challenge that will require a multidisciplinary approach that spans traditional materials research, computation, and data sciences.
IMat leadership has been active in publishing position pieces and novel contributions to next generation materials data science and design approaches in early 2019. We invite you to explore these new topics below:
- A Bayesian Framework For Materials Knowledge Systems: Surya R. Kalidindi, MRS Communications
- Multifidelity Information Fusion with Machine Learning: A Case Study of Dopant Formation Energies in Hafnia: Rohit Batra, Ghanshyam Pilania, Blas P. Uberuaga, and Rampi Ramprasad, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces Article ASAP
- Systems Approaches to Materials Design: Past, Present, and Future: Raymundo Arróyave, David L. McDowell, Annual Review of Materials Research
Research Ramp-Up Phase 1 | How to Gain Access to IMaT Core Facilities
We are eager to have you return to the facility starting June 18, per Georgia Tech’s research ramp-up plan. However, there are a few items you will have to complete before your work can commence. We encourage you to begin to address these items sooner rather than later.
Watch the “Returning Safely to Your Lab” videos. You may access this training on the OSP site: https://training.osp.gatech.edu/.
- Read through the guidelines displayed on the MCF Landing Page: https://mcf.gatech.edu/
- The MCF will be open from 8:00AM-10:00PM M-F and from 10:00AM - 4:00PM on Saturday/Sunday SUMS will automatically limit access – scheduled and operational – to some tools in order to maintain proper user density.
Note: All returning internal and external researchers, even those who have been approved for research resumption, must complete these requirements. The following links can be used as references for more information on Georgia Tech’s research ramp-up plan and the EH&S COVID-19 Training.